manage your settlement
Structured Settlement Benefits
Structured Settlement Benefits is something that everybody should be aware of. Even if you are not in a position of accepting or rejecting a structured settlement, maybe a family member or friend is. You could give some guidance if you are aware of what the benefits may be.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, slip & fall, or a workplace accident, and maybe even have received lottery payments, you are eligible to be offered an out of court settlement to accept periodic, fixed payments for a certain amount of time. It may be 5 years or over an entire lifetime. You can even opt to take a lump sum up front, and then followed by periodic payments. A settlement can be custom-tailored to meet your needs.
What Are The Benefits?
* Tax-Free Cash Flow: The cash-flow that streams in from a structured settlement annuity is free of any income-tax. This is a major benefit, and no other financial-product is equal.
* Income Guaranteed For A Lifetime: If you set-up a Life Annuity, the income-stream will be guaranteed for the claimants life. This is an aspect that makes the annuity unique amongst financial products, the fact that it will guarantee an income for a lifetime.
* Avoids Risks Financially: The Investment Burden is shifted to the Life Insurance Company that issued the annuity. Their contract with the claimant is guaranteeing the income stream with their full faith and performance.
* Investment & Management Fees Don’t Exist: Other types of investments can have major fees, which can reduce the return-on-investment by 2.3% to 5.5% per annum. These fees might include: Advisor Fees, Investment Management Fees, Legal Fees and Accounting Fees. The fact that there are no fees places annuities above all other forms of investments.
* Annuities Are Very Secure: The life insurance companies that issue these annuities are the highest rated firms by such rating agencies as A.M. Best, Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch.
What About The Rate Of Return
Market interest-rates at the time of purchase will decide the rate-of-return. In any event, you can be assured that it will be equal or better than other fixed-income types of investments. For an alternate type of investment to yield the same after tax-returns, you would have to be willing to bear the significant risks of the investment.
You will receive your payments from a structured-settlement free of tax, including federal, local and state, as mandated by the Internal Revenue Code Section 104(a)(2), and as discussed in Code Section 130. Congress passed this legislation to encourage the use of structured settlement benefits.